- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, minced
- 3/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 5 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic corn kernels
- 3 cups stemmed and chopped kale leaves
- Salt and ground white pepper, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp organic cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp tepid water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute carrots, red onions, celery, bell peppers, and sweet potatoes. 3 minutes. Add thyme and turmeric. Combine well with vegetables. Add tomatoes and broth; simmer 20 minutes.
Add corn, kale, salt, and white pepper. Simmer 5 minutes. Season with cayenne pepper.
Thicken either of two ways: Combine cornstarch with 1 tablespoon tepid water. With soup simmering, stir in cornstarch mixture. Continue to stir and simmer 3 minutes to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.