Who doesn't love sweet potatoes?! They have always been one of my favorite vegetables. It is the perfect source of fiber, potassium, healthy carbs, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin B6. While I have always LOVED baked sweet potatoes, I think I might have found something to beat that: MASHED SWEET POTATOES.
· 5 or 6 large sweet potatoes (chopped)
· 1 can/14 ounces coconut milk
· 3/4 teaspoon ginger
· 1/2 teaspoon curry
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· sea salt & black pepper to taste
· Rinse, peel and chop your sweet potatoes into large chunks.
· Once your sweet potatoes are prepared, in a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil. Allow the sweet potatoes to simmer for at least 15 minutes, or until they are very soft, then drain the water well.
· Next, mash the sweet potatoes to the desired consistency (you can purree them with a hand blender or even in a stand mixer to make them light and airy, or, you can coarsely mash them with a large fork and then add in the coconut milk, ginger, curry, olive oil or vegan margarine, mashing or pureeing these ingredients all together until fully combined.
· Taste, and adjust the seasonings to suit your personal taste preference. Season with salt and pepper to taste.