working with families
Educating children, young adults, and parents about good nutrition offers a gateway to improved performance and lifelong, healthy eating habits. I work with young people to provide them with both clean nutrition guidance and the importance of physical activity. Some of the specifics include:
- Boosting daily energy levels
- Improving school performance
- Increasing mental alertness and focus
- Emphasizing the negative effects of too much sugar
how we'll spend our time together
- Wellness, nutrition and fitness coaching for kids
- Let’s get moving (personal training exercise for kids)
- Health counseling for kids
- Healthy foods store tour for kids and parents
clean out the cupboards
I'll come to your home to assess what's already in your cupboards, pantry, and fridge and provide you with healthy alternatives to what you already enjoy. I will also teach you about food labeling and what nutrient-rich foods to look for on your next trip to the grocery store.
healthy foods store tour
Let's grocery shop together! I'll accompany you to your favorite local market, help you choose foods rich in nutrients, and teach you which foods and additives to avoid. You are guaranteed to learn something new, and we'll have a ton of fun cruising the aisles together.
fueling young athletes
Healthy eating allows a young athlete to achieve his or her peak performance without compromising overall health.
- If a teenage athlete doesn’t eat enough or doesn’t eat the right types of nutrients, they risk decreased athletic performance and risk possible growth problems.
- Many young athletes are not eating the right calories from a balanced diet for their bodies to obtain the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients necessary for both optimal performance and optimum growth and development.
Today, it is common practice for young athletes to participate in multiple sports on the same day, and many kids are playing sports year-round. Making sure these athletes have the fuel necessary to maintain their bodies is crucial. Just as a car can't run on an empty tank, athletes can't function at their highest level without optimal nutrition.
Eating well increases energy, endurance, and concentration, both on and off the field. Young athletes who follow healthy eating and hydrating habits have an edge over their competition, especially in the second half of the game, the second game of the day, or the second half of the season.
I work with my clients to achieve their best athletic performance. We focus on the fact that when student athletes eat the right types of nutrients, they decrease the risk of sub-par performance. We focus specifically on:
- Increasing lean muscle mass
- Muscle recovery
- Best pre- and post-workout fuel
- Lowering risk of illness and injury
- Importance of staying hydrated
- Importance of breakfast
corporate wellness programs
Over 65% of Americans are overweight, and by 2020, it is estimated that half of all Americans will suffer from preventable, chronic diseases. The US alone spends over $2.5 trillion every year on healthcare, with a large portion of that money coming from employers' pockets for employee health insurance, medical leave, and sick days.
My programs are designed to help individuals meet the challenges of everyday life while maximizing their performance in the workplace. Health and wellness strategies can help companies create and sustain an atmosphere of health, productivity and fun while reducing costs across the board.
benefits of employee health education:
When I educate employees on how to improve eating habits, reduce stress, and bolster activity level, your organization will experience the following benefits:
- Reduction in chronic stress
- Decreased healthcare costs
- Reduced absenteeism
- Increased productivity
- Increased employee morale
- Enhanced workplace culture
- Enhanced employee retention
tools and tactics - topics we'll cover:
- Establishing healthy eating strategies that increase productivity
- Optimizing metabolism
- Reducing sugar cravings
- Staying fit and healthy while traveling
- Customizing exercise programs for all fitness levels
- Approaching food as medicine
- Losing weight sustainably without fad diets
- Eating on the go – traveling for work, at your desk, in the car
- Choosing and cooking healthy food the whole family will enjoy
- Explaining the role of carbs/fats/proteins
- Reducing stress
- Identifying food sensitivities
- Creating new, healthy patterns that support your well-being