- 2-1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 2-in long strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice, divided
- 1 can (28 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup organic corn
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream and avocado for topping, optional
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken, garlic, and pepper in oil until chicken is cooked and peppers are tender. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine, beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and remaining lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In serving bowls, layer chicken mixture, bean mixture, and cooked rice. Top rice bowls with sour cream and avocado if desired.