2 large yams (or sweet potatoes)
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
Step by Step:
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Thoroughly scrub your potatoes under cold running water – you want all the grime OFF your potatoes as you’re leaving the skin on.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into chunks. They don’t need to be perfect, but the more uniform in size you get them, the better. I went for 1 ½ inch pieces.
- Throw the potato chunks into a large bowl.
- Melt your coconut oil in the microwave (this’ll only take a few seconds).
- Drizzle the coconut oil over the sweet potatoes.
- Add the cumin, chili powder and salt.
- With clean hands, toss the potatoes with the oil and spices.
- Spread the seasoned sweet potatoes even onto a jelly roll pan.
- Place in the oven and set the timer for 15 minutes.
- At the 15 minute mark, open up the oven and, using a spatula, flip the potatoes over the best you can.
- Close that oven up and set the timer for another 15 minutes