- 2 cups raw, whole rolled oats
- ½ cup sliced raw almonds
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (100% maple syrup, preferably grade-b)
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- sprinkle ground flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 large pinch fine sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350º. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl & use your clean hands to mix and toss to coat. The coconut oil might be liquid or solid. (it has a melting point of about 75ºF.) Run the glass jar under warm water to melt if solid. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a baking sheet & bake for 10-12 minutes, until very lightly toasted. Mix – bake until lightly brown. Cool before serving or storing. This granola can be kept in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks.
Note: It is very easy to over cook this granola.